Since the inception of the MBA in 1981, over 400 people from a wide variety of professions and organizations have graduated from it. The MBA at Rockford University has continued to grow and prosper as it serves Rockford and the surrounding communities.
The MBA at Rockford University is designed for virtually anyone holding a 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution. No particular academic background is required. The degree program consists of 12 three-hour classes (nine required and three electives), plus up to five prerequisites.
The philosophy of the MBA at Rockford University was determined after assessing the needs of the business community and evaluating how the program would best fit into the educational goals of Rockford University. The MBA program seeks to develop general managerial effectiveness for the person in, or aspiring to, middle or upper management in either a for-profit or not-for-profit organization.* The program covers a variety of functional areas such as accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing. The MBA at Rockford University has a balanced, application skill-based program, which emphasizes development of management competencies, with special emphasis on oral and written communication skills instead of being highly theoretical.
The MBA at Rockford University is nationally accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
INTERNATIONAL ASSEMBLY FOR COLLEGIATE BUSINESS EDUCATION
P.O. Box 3960
Olathe, KS 66063
- Small, intimate classes (average 15 students per class).
- Tuition deferment available with employer reimbursement.
- Tuition discount for employees of public or not-for-profit organizations.
- Flexibility to enroll in up to three required, non-prerequisite courses, before applying to the program.
- Nationally and regionally accredited program.
- Advising, registration, and admission all conducted in Rockford .
- Cost competitive with area programs.
- Faculty with current practical experience in the subjects they teach.
- Quality students with business experiences enhance classroom interaction.
- Course work incorporates practical applications designed for current work situations.
- Classes designed to help students improve management skills.
- Course work collaboratively tailored to the class by faculty and students.
- One-on-one tutorials available.
- Oldest continuously operating MBA program in the Rockford area.
- Up-to-date classroom facilities designed to meet the needs of graduate students.
- An image in the community of a quality, strong, and educationally sound program.
- An advisory council of prominent business and organizational professionals who provide guidance and input for the program.
- An entire campus and its facilities available.
To apply to the MBA program at Rockford University click on the Apply Online button at the top of the Wellspring website. Select Rockford University on the School Selection Page and choose MBA on the Applying For page.