Sacred Heart University prefers that international students submit the following information to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions before November 1 for January entrance and before March 1 for September entrance.
A completed undergraduate admissions application must include:
• Complete Online Application for International Students
• A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $70 US Dollars
• Official scholastic records from all secondary schools and college/universities attended
• One letter of recommendation
• A credential report from World Educational Services, or a similar company, is required for all students who wish to transfer and receive academic credit for coursework taken at another college or university
• For all non-native English speakers, an English language proficiency examination is required. Please submit test results from one of the following:
- TOEFL PBT: 550
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- IELTS: 6.5
- MELAB: 80 (proctored on-site at SHU)
- PTE: 62
- iTEP: 5
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): 5.5
- Cambridge Certificate in Proficiency in English (CPE): 5.5
• Official SAT or ACT test scores (optional)
• Copy of your passport, specifically the page(s) containing your identification data and signature of bearer
• An official bank statement, signed by a bank official and dated within six months of enrolling at Sacred Heart University verifying the student's, the student's family and/or sponsor's ability to pay $53,000 USD, the cost required to attend SHU (tuition, room, board, books, travel expenses).
• The Immigration I-20 form (the form needed to obtain a student F1 visa from a U.S. embassy or consulate) will be issued by SHU after the student has been accepted to the University, tuition and housing deposits are received, and proof of financial support in the form of an official bank statement is submitted. The issuance of an I-20 and subsequent F-1 visa constitutes a legal agreement with the U.S. government binding the student to maintain full-time enrollment (at least 12 credits per semester) at all times except during the summer session.