Walsh Student Life

At Walsh, there are many opportunities for students to get involved, have fun and grow as active members of the Walsh community.
Walsh University students will have the opportunity to:

  • Join one or more of the 30 clubs and organizations (or start one of their own)
  • Sign up for or start a team in the intramural leagues.
  • Grow their faith through Campus Ministry.
  • Sing in the choir or become a member of the marching band.
  • Participate in numerous activities and programs designed to enrich your personal, physical, spiritual and academic life.
  • Connect with other Walsh students and the greater community with service projects, including Walsh's Habitat for Humanity house, volunteering in the local schools or soup kitchens, community service trips during holiday breaks, and more

The Walsh University Student Affairs team supports these activities, clubs, and organizations. Walsh’s Student Affairs department provides additional programs and services that respond to the needs of individual students, as well as those of the greater North Canton community.
 
Walsh University’s pledge is to give students a lifelong passion and appreciation for six core values: respect for self, others, and the world; integrity in thought, word and deed; excellence in education; an appreciation of diversity; hospitality; and selfless service.
 
Made up of a diverse group of dedicated staff, the Student Affairs team is committed to the holistic development of Walsh University’s students - mentoring, empowering and supporting them during their time at Walsh and beyond, including Counseling Services, and developmental programs for Walsh’s residential, commuter, multicultural and international students.
 
Student Body
Walsh has an undergraduate enrollment of 2389. 63% of students are female and 37% of students are male.
 
Housing
44% of students live on campus in university owned housing. The remaining 56% of students live off campus. In general, freshmen and sophomores live on campus while upper classmen live in off-campus apartments.
 
Sports
Walsh University participates in NCAA II men’s and women’s athletics including:

  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Cross country
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Lacrosse
  • Soccer
  • Softball
  • Tennis
  • Track and field (indoor)
  • Track and field (outdoor)
  • Volleyball

In addition, Walsh University has three club sports. These teams also compete with other colleges but are independent of the university. Fees a paid by the student athletes. Walsh University club sports are:

  • Cheerleading
  • Skiing (alpine)
  • Ultimate frisbee

 
And there are a number of intramural sports. Intramural sports are non-cut sports (everyone can participate) in which students compete with other students or teams at Walsh University. Walsh University intramurals consist of:

  • Basketball
  • Bowling
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Soccer
  • Softball
  • Tennis
  • Volleyball

 
Clubs and Organizations
There are also over 40 student clubs and organizations at Walsh University including:

  • Campus ministries
  • Marching band
  • Choral groups
  • Music ensembles
  • Concert band
  • Pep band
  • Dance
  • Radio station
  • Drama/theater
  • Student government
  • International student organization
  • Student newspaper
  • Literary magazine
  • Yearbook

In addition, Walsh University is home to 12 honor societies and 11 religious organizations for students to take advantage of.